Alabama ADVANCE Partnership for Gender Equity
Alabama Partnership PIs and Co-PIs attending first Executive Meeting at UAB chaired by PI Dr. Paulette Dilworth.
The Alabama ADVANCE Partnership for Gender Equity is funded beginning in the fall of 2019 as part of the National Science Foundation’s ADVANCE Program which is aimed at increasing the participation and advancement of women in science technology, engineering and Mathematics (STEM). The goals of the partnership are:
- To implement institutional changes in practices and policies that inhibit gender equity and inclusion in STEM at partner institutions. By gender we mean gender in terms of social identity, and
- To increase the representation and visibility of women, racial, ethnic minorities and other social identities in STEM departments by improving recruitment, retention and promotion practices and policies.
- Establish an ADVANCE Office,
- Conduct department chair and search committee training,
- Conduct seminars on unconscientious bias, career development and spouse/partner relocation,
- Host annual statewide ADVANCE conference,
- Collaborate with the Auburn University INCLUDES project, and
- Prepare annual evaluation.
Dr. Paulette P. Dilworth Principal Investigator