The Oakwood University Career Advancement and Readiness Education (C.A.R.E.) Program is the key to unlocking your dream of an affordable college education. When you join the work scholarship program at OU, your earnings will be applied to reduce your educational expenses. Beginning with the Fall 2020 cohort, the OU C.A.R.E. Program will offer you, as a first-time freshman student, a path to degree completion and career success.
For OUr students, C.A.R.E. means:
- Access to the Oakwood University, HBCU experience.
- A faith-based education in a culturally diverse spiritual environment.
- Lowering yOUr educational debt by about 66%.*
- Helping you graduate in four years with $10,000, or less, in personal student loan debt.**
- Translating your service-learning into quality work experiences.
- Career-oriented training through internships and co-ops.
- Accelerated skill development and career preparation.
- Being ready for prospective employers, graduate education, or entrepreneurship.
- Participation in our award-winning Healthy Campus initiative.
What makes students eligible for the C.A.R.E. program?
- Admission to Oakwood University as first-time freshmen for Fall 2020
- Qualifying for federal financial aid (completing FAFSA)
- Possess an unmet financial need.
- A minimum GPA of 2.0+ or an approved Academic Student Engagement Plan (ASE) with the Center for Student Success (CSS).†
- Enrolled in at least 15 credit hours each semester
- Committed to working to defray educational expenses
- Residence hall occupancy during matriculation
- Community-minded and service-oriented
- Dedicated to continuous development.
Restrictions may apply.
*Lower than the average undergraduate Oakwood University student.
**The amount of individual student loan debt is dependent upon multiple factors.
†Students with an SE must exhibit satisfactory academic progress.
Oakwood University Haitian Rally Registration
June 25, 2020 @ 4:00 pm, EST
La ligne suivante résume le programme C.A.R.E., mis sur pied par Oakwood Univsersity.
C.A.R.E. est un plan de bourses d’études pour aider les étudiants à recevoir leurs diplômes de l’Université Oakwood à peu de frais et même sans aucune dette.
CONTACT AN ADMISSIONS COUNSELOR
Phone: (256) 726-7356
Fax: (256) 726-7154