The Federal Emergency Grants for Spring 2022-2023 Oakwood University signed and returned the Certification and Agreement with The Department of Education to accept allocated funds from HEERF I, II, & III. The HEERF Programs established and funded the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF I, II, & III) to provide emergency financial aid grants.
Federal Emergency Aid Grant Reporting
As of March 31, 2023, Oakwood, was awarded $4,134,403 for students as Federal Financial Aid Grants (HEERF I, HEERF II, & HEERF III). The estimated number of students potentially eligible to be considered to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants in quarter was 1491. As of March 31,2023, a total of $4,107,218 was disbursed in Emergency Financial Aid Grants to 1411 students. For the Quarter ending March 31, 2023, an additional $800, in Emergency Financial Aid funds had been disbursed to 1 student.
Federal Emergency Aid Grant Criteria and Eligibility:
- The following method(s) were used by Oakwood University to determine which students receive financial assistance and how much they would receive under the HEERF Programs:
- Eligible Students enrolled on or after March 13, 2020, at Oakwood University when the state of Emergency was declared.
- Information from a Student’s FAFSA and other documents provided are reviewed to determine if a student’s request meets appropriate qualifications.
- The actual grant depends on the student’s Expected Family Contribution (EFC), expenses, need, tuition balances and availability of funds.
- Mass communication is sent to students via email, text messages and social media directing students to log onto Net Partner to review and accept/decline their award.
- Student Report Heerf Programs 12.31.2022
- Student Report HEERF Program – 9-30-22
- Student Report HEERF Programs-06.30.2022-Correction-10-09-2022
- Report on CARES Act Section 18004(a)(1) – 06/30/2022
- Report-on-CARES-Act-Section-1800-a-1-and-a2-06.30.2022-Correction 10-09-2022
- Student Report HEERF Programs- 03/31/2022
- Report on CARES Act Section 18004(a)(1) – 03/31/2022
- Report on CARES Act Section 18004(a)(1) – 12/31/2021
- Student Report HEERF Programs- 10.10.2021
- Student Report HEERF I-Final
- Report on CARES Act Section 18004(a)(1) – 10/08/2021
- Report on CARES Act Section 18004(a)(1) – 07/22/2021
- Report on CARES Act Section 18004(a)(1) – 04/08/2021
- Report on CARES Act Section 18004(a)(!) – 03/21/2021
- Report on CARES Act Section 18004(a)(1) – 01/10/2021
- Report on CARES Act Section 18004(a)(1) – 10/30/2020