A few graduates pose for a photo opp.
Mr. and Miss Oakwood University
Mr. and Miss Oakwood is a spiritual, progressive, strong, vibrant, independent and intelligent person who cares for the well-being of both themselves and others. They are role models in church, their college community and the community at large. Mr. and Miss Oakwood is willing to assertively address the challenges of today, while effectively reaching towards their goals for tomorrow.
The Mr. and Miss Oakwood Pageant seeks to identify, develop, and promote leadership within the Oakwood University community among Christian College age men and women. The mission shall be achieved by accomplishing the following:
- Provide young men and women with an opportunity to enhance their professional and educational goals by offering an alternative way toward achieving merit and scholarship.
- Provide men and women with a broader avenue of self-expression.
- Assist men and women in developing a sense of identity and self-worth through exercise of poise and presentation.
- Develop programs that will promote community involvement and address relevant community issues.
- Develop alliances with other non-profit organizations to promote community growth and development.
- Celebrate the many shapes, sizes, colors, and textures of Oakwood University men and women.
- Support progressive programs that are of a civic, social, and cultural nature.
Ray King, Student Activities Director
Phone: (256) 726-7384
Fax: (256) 726-7387