Oakwood University’s Student Accounts Department welcomes you! As part of the University, Student Accounts is here to assist you with the payment of your Oakwood University education. We are located on the 3rd floor of Cunningham Hall. If you have questions regarding payment, obtaining a refund, or discussing your monthly bill, we’re here to help!
- Make a Payment
- Credit Balance Refunds
- Tuition Adjustment Policy
- ACH Direct Deposit Refund Policy
- Title IV
- Frequently Asked Questions
Oakwood University accepts the following methods of payments on student’s accounts. The University accepts cashier/certified checks, online payments and bank wire payments. Note that the University does not accept personal checks.
- Telephone Payment: (256)726.8429
- Online Payment: MyOakwood: (https://my.oakwood.edu/ics).
- Automated Telephone Payment: (256)726.7791
Mail payments to:
Oakwood University, ATTN: Student Accounts, 7000 University Blvd., Huntsville, AL 35896
- Eighty percent (80%) payment must be paid by the first day of class for Fall and Spring.
- Late Registration Fee is $193 per semester
Credit Balance Refunds
Students who have a credit balance on their account may be eligible to receive a refund. The type of credit on a student’s account will determine the method of initiating the refund and the length of time for a student to receive their refund. If the credit balance is a result of Federal Student Aid a refund will be issued within 14 days of disbursement. In an effort to meet University sustainability goals and increase efficiency, The Office of Student Accounts has transitioned its refund policy to Direct Deposit only. This refund delivery method will be effective immediately. Failure to sign up for direct deposit will further delay the receipt of your funds.
A student may completely withdraw from Oakwood University with appropriate documentation from the Registrar’s Office. Unofficial withdrawal results in 100 percent forfeiture of tuition. When officially withdrawing, the student may be eligible for a refund of tuition depending upon the date of withdrawal. Refunds are only processed for complete withdrawal. Financial aid awards that pay part or all of the student charges are prorated accordingly. Refunds for federal (Title IV) aid recipients will be prorated in accordance with federal regulations. No refunds are issued until all semester charges are paid in full. The Oakwood Tuition Adjustment schedule for 2023-2024 School year:
Refund for Tuition (100%)
Refund for Tuition (90%)
Refund for Tuition (75%)
Refund for Tuition (50%)
- Students are required to enter bank account information for which they are designated as the primary account holder.
- Students are responsible for updating their bank account information. ACH direct deposit excludes payroll, federal college work study earnings and fellowships.
- Once enrolled in ACH direct deposit, students will continue to receive all refunds via ACH direct deposit up until 6 months after they graduate, withdraw or until a student deletes their bank account information on-line.
- It is the student’s responsibility to verify that all ACH direct deposit payments have been credited to their bank account before writing checks against their funds.
- Students cannot have their refund split between ACH direct deposit and a paper check.
- Credit balances that are a result of a Parent Plus Loan can only be directly deposited into a students’ bank account if a Parent Plus Authorization Form has been signed and submitted, by the borrowing parent, to the Office of Student Accounts.
- Oakwood University reserves the right to initiate credit entries and to initiate, if necessary, debit entries and adjustments for any credit entries in error to a student’s account.
- ACH direct deposits can be transmitted to U.S. bank accounts only.
- Students can only have one bank account on file with the University at a time. Any changes made by the student to their bank account information will overwrite the previous information entered.
A Title IV Parent Plus Loan credit exists when the total amount of Parent Plus Loan disbursed for the term exceeds the total amount of tuition and fees. If a Parent Plus Loan credit exists on the student’s account and the borrowing parent wants the refund to go directly to the student, then the borrowing parent must complete and submit a Parent Plus Authorization Form along with a copy of a photo ID. All Parent Plus Authorization forms should be faxed to (202) 885-1139.
A Title IV credit exists when the total amount of Title IV funds disbursed for the term exceeds the total amount of tuition, room & board, and fees. Below is a list of Title IV Funds:
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
- Federal Direct Loan (Subsidized and Unsubsidized)
- Federal Direct PLUS Loan
- Federal Teach Grant (TEACH)
If a Title IV credit exists on a student’s account then a refund will automatically be refunded to the student.
A Non-Title IV credit balance exists, after applying all TItle IV funds and external funds against the terms tuition charges. If the Non-Title IV disbursed funds exceed the remaining unpaid tuition and charges, a refund may be issued. Examples of Non-Title IV Funds are scholarships (external), grants, remitted tuition, etc. Institutional funds are non-refundable.
To review all monthly plans and information, please refer to the Payment Plan Overview tab.
Your current balance due is available 24 hours a day on your myOakwood portal. You can review your account and access a PDF bill on your MyOakwood portal. Under your Personalized Links, select ‘Student’; select ‘Student Accounts’; select ‘My Account Balances’ and select ‘Make a Payment’. You can select ‘Course and Fee Statement’ to review your charges and credits. For questions regarding discrepancies between anticipated charges and charges listed, please see the contact list provided below.
- Students may grant access to a parent or another third-party person in MyOakwood (https://my.oakwood.edu/ics). to make online payment and to view account statements. When a parent/proxy makes a payment, please make sure to select the student’s name and not your own.
- Parents or third-party person can call the Cashier’s Office from 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. on Monday-Thursday and 8:00 a.m. – 11:30 on Friday at (256)726-8429 to make a payment.
- Parents or third-party person can call Oakwood University Automated Telephone at (256)726-7791.
- Cashier checks/money orders payments, with the student name and ID number on the check, may be mailed to:
- Oakwood University – ATTN: Student Accounts
7000 Adventist Blvd
Huntsville, AL 35896
Oakwood University does not offer a payment plan for the summer term. All payments are due in full by the time of registration.
WHERE CAN I LEARN MORE ABOUT TEH ECSI PAYMENT PLAN?
Please review the ECSI FAQ document HERE.
HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR ACA Study Abroad Program?
Student Accounts is the last office to sign your ACA application. Before signing the document to submit to the Registrar Office, the following must be complete:
- Balance must be $0 for current semester enrolled
- Must be a current student at Oakwood University
- Student must file FASFA for upcoming term before going to ACA
- Student must be awarded financial aid before leaving to got to ACA (If not, student must pay at least 70% of each quarter charges before leaving/staying at ACA
- ACA fee must be paid at the Cashier’s Office ($25/Summer; $100/Fall-Spring). ACA Application Fee can only be charged to your account if you have a credit to cover the fee
- Two identical pictures attached to the application
- Required signatures from other departments
- Summer ACA applicants must pay ACA fees in full or have a credit on the account to attend ACA Program
- Student Account Requirements form signed
- Refund Refusal form completed (https://my.oakwood.edu/ics).
For more detailed info regarding the ACA program, contact Adventist Colleges Aboard at www.acastudyabroad.com.
STEPS TO FINANCIAL CLEARANCE
Tuition & Fees
PAYMENT PLAN: SEMESTER or ANNUAL
Payment plans for your 20% will be handled through ECSI. A 5-month payment plan can begin July 30 and a 4-month payment plan begins August 31 . Login borrower.ecsi.net to being your mandatory payment plan.
STEPS TO FINANCIAL CLEARANCE
- Pay Intent to Enroll Fee
- Register for Classes
- Complete FAFSA
- Submit Required Documents
- Review Financial Aid Package
- Pay 80%
- Enroll with a payment plan at ECSI (borrower.ecsi.net)
- Receive Financial Clearance